Below are things to keep in mind while participating in the Lake Murray Charity Run. Safety is our first priority and with your help we can have a safe and fun event.
1. Lake Murray Charity Run does not allow any type of blast off, shotgun start, or speed racing. Our run is about having fun while keeping everyone on the lake safe.
2. Lake Murray has no speed limit. We do ask that you are courteous to other boaters on the lake. Lake Murray is very family friendly and we want our run to remain in good standing with other lake goers.
3. While your boat is in motion, especially at high speeds, we ask that you wear a life jacket. They may not always be fashionable, but they save lives.
4. If you are pulled over by the Department of Natural Resources for ANY reason, you will be disqualified from the run with no opportunity for a refund.
5. Our lake is a beauty! Please help us keep it that way by not littering.
frequently asked questions
Who benefits from the Lake Murray Charity Run?
The Lake Murray Charity Run benefits hand selected deserving non-profit organizations in the Midlands.
What is a Charity Run?
The Lake Murray Charity Run is an annual boating event on Lake Murray. Boaters from nearby states and residents of the lake join in a day of running the lake to multiple stops at marinas, docks, and restaurants. Participants visit 5 of the stops to receive a colored ticket specific to each stop. Once completed they will turn in the tickets and be entered into a drawing for a grand prize.
This event was previously a Poker Run, however South Carolina has strict laws around gambling. Although no playing cards are used, this is still great weekend on the water showing off your boat and enjoying company of friends.
Can anyone participate?
YES! We invite everyone to participate! Past participants have included jet skis, pontoons, and boats of all size. Families, couples, and even pets join us for this wet weekend.
When is the best time to register for the Charity Run?
There is no better time like the present. When you register before June 1st you are guaranteed to receive a t-shirt. Once the captain's meeting has taken place no additional registrations will be allowed.
Where can my friends and I stay for the weekend?
Why should I travel to be a part of this run?
The Lake Murray Charity Run is a weekend like no other on Lake Murray. We strive to have a safe and fun filled event that raises funds for families that are going through pediatric cancer. Our lake has deep, clean water, and over 650 miles of shoreline! Lake Murray is full of southern hospitality, great boats, and a good time!
How can I stay up to date with the Lake Murray Charity Run?
That's easy! Follow our Facebook page by clicking here!
I am planning to bring my RV or have a large trailer. Where should I park?
If you are planning to bring an RV or large trailer, please contact us here!